Visit to ‘Jwngma CCI’ at Baksa District on November 1, 2017
ASCPCR member Indrani Tahbildar and DCPO, Baksa, Dhanjit Choudhury and the Social Woker and Protection Officer, DCPU, Baksa, made the following visit:
Observations and recommendations:
• A temporary study room, kitchen and dining area.
• The overall premises well maintained and rest of the building has permanent structure.
• The staff sincerely carrying out their work, but Housemother and Watchman have not been appointed.
• Have told them to appoint House mother and Security Guard at the earliest as Girls also residing there.
• A rape victim named Susana Kispotta has been staying there for short term restoration, was studying at Montfort School and residing in Snehalaya Guwahati earlier, is unable to continue studies as she was at English medium and no such schools there.
• The authorities have requested the Commission to intervene for the best interest of the child and transfer the child to another home where English medium education can be provided.
• The visiting member has requested for formal procedure for the same.